Last updated: August 8, 2022
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE GATHER THROUGH OUR WEBSITE
When you visit our Website, you may provide us with or we may collect two types of information: (1) personal information, such as your name and email address (“Personal Information”) and (2) information about your use of our Website, your devices, your behavior and your characteristics, but which does not identify you personally (“Non-Personal Information”).
Personal Information. We only collect Personal Information from you on this Website when you voluntarily submit it to us. You may provide us with such Personal Information through the Website in the following areas:
- REGISTRATION FORMS--If you register on the Website, or for specific events, contests and newsletters on various areas of the Website, we will generally ask you to provide contact information, and preferences regarding the event or material for which you desire to register. You may, however, visit our Website without registering.
- ORDER FORMS--Some areas of the Website may allow you to order products or services, whether or not for a fee. In connection with these transactions, we collect data necessary to complete the transaction and that is furnished by you. This may include contact information, mailing address, email address and telephone number. We may also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase.
- SURVEYS--At times, you may be asked to complete survey questions that appear on the Website.
- EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS--You may submit information related to job opportunities with the Company. Please note that your submission of pre-employment information may be further governed by specific provisions that may appear elsewhere on our Website.
- BLOGS--We may make blogs and other forums available to our users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
- EMAIL--On several screens of our Website, you also have an opportunity to communicate with us by email. You may also choose to provide your email address to receive communications from us.
Payment Details – While your payment details are entered on our Website to purchase a product, we do not store such information ourselves. Your payment details are collected directly by our payment processors, including Shopify and Paypal. For information regarding how your payment details are used by those providers, you should read their privacy disclosures. Non-Personal Information. When you browse our Website, you and your Web browser may also transmit information that we automatically collect. We may collect your IP address, device ID, geographic location, the Website pages you visit and the time of your visit, the type of device, operating system and browser you are using and other click-stream data.
We and various third parties may also place small data files, called "cookies," on your device. These cookies automatically identify your browser or device . We use the cookies and similar tracking methods to collect Non-Personal Information, remember your login credentials if you so choose and to tailor our content and advertising to you on the Website and elsewhere on the Internet (see the Interest-based Advertising section below for more information). Most browsers automatically accept the cookies, but you usually can change your browser setting to prevent the acceptance of cookies. Certain Web pages may not function properly if you choose not to accept cookies. If you delete your cookies, change browsers or use a different device, our cookie (or an opt-out cookie) may no longer work and you will have to re-input (or opt-out) again. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Brooklyn Bedding LLC does not sell your information.
We use your Personal Information as described below, as disclosed to you at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent:
- To process and communicate with you regarding your orders, inquiries, questions and requests.
- To send you emails from time to time about our services.
- We may permit our suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to access and process your Personal Information, but they are only permitted to do so in connection with performing services for us. They are not authorized by us to use the Personal Information for their own benefit.
- We may disclose Personal Information as required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose Personal Information to investigate suspected fraud, violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for our services.
- We may transfer your Personal Information in connection with the sale, merger, reorganization or change of control of the Company or the division responsible for the services with which your Personal Information is associated or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- We may share your Personal Information with an affiliate of the Company who is in the same corporate family as us as long as their privacy practices are substantially similar to ours.
- We may use your Personal Information in creating online advertising models through look-a-like modeling, data matching with other sources of your information or similar research methodologies, including combining online and offline advertising methods or matching your information across multiple devices (such as your computer and your smartphone).
We use your Non-Personal Information for a wide variety of purposes, such as the uses identified above, to prepare and keep statistical records, manage and analyze shopping carts, diagnose problems, engage in interest-based advertising and other practices.
You do have the ability to control certain advertising practices. We comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can learn more about interest-based advertising and opt-out of targeted advertising from certain providers with whom we work by visiting the DAA’s consumer choice page. The opt-out process through the DAA relies upon the placement of an opt-out cookie on your device. We do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
For targeted advertisements delivered through mobile Apps, you can install the DAA’s AppChoices app on your device to opt-out of targeted advertising by certain providers and can also select a system level advertising preference feature on your device (such as “Limit Ad Tracking” on Apple devices).
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES
Since we are committed to your privacy and security, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to attempt to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We will retain your Personal Information as needed for our business purposes, including to provide you services or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and for record keeping purposes. If you would like your Personal Information deleted from our active records, please see the Your Information Choices & Opt-Out section below. This Website is not intended for users under the age of 13. When we become aware that Personal Information from a child under 13 has been collected without such child’s parent or guardian’s consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES & OPT OUT
You have a number of options and choices to control how your information is used:
You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in our emails. Please keep in mind that we still may need to send you transactional emails in connection with any product inquiry or order.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to email@example.com. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), California residents have the right to request access to or deletion of their personal information, to request additional details about our information practices, to opt out of the "sale" of personal information, if applicable, and to not be discriminated against.
You may request a copy of the following information(1) the categories of information we collected about you; (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and (5) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
You may request that we delete your personal information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
You have the right not to be discriminated against in service or price if you exercise your privacy rights.
To request a copy of Personal Information we have collected about you, or to request that your information be deleted, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 1-844-3110035. You may authorize another person (your “agent”) to submit a request on your behalf. We will aim to complete requests as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with any applicable laws. Please note that we are required to verify that your agent has been properly authorized to request information on your behalf and this may take additional time to fulfill your request.
If you have questions about your information and our privacy practices, please feel free to contact email@example.com